Golf NZ Womens Senior Foursomes
27 - 30 November, Fairview Golf & Country Club
2023 Golf New Zealand Women’s Senior Handicap Foursomes
Fairview Golf & Country Club, Katikati, Bay of Plenty
Monday 27 – Thursday 30 November 2023
One of the most popular foursomes events for senior women, the 2023 Golf New Zealand Women’s Senior Foursomes will be hosted by the Fairview Golf & Country Club, a parkland style golf course set in Fairview Estate, a planned residential golf community in the sunny Bay of Plenty.
Fairview Estate is situated between the sheltering Kaimai Ranges and the beautiful Tauranga Harbour and is only a couple of minutes from thriving Katikati’s hub of amenities. The estate boasts a championship golf course which opened in 1998 and an inclusive Country Club with café, indoor and outdoor bar, health studio, indoor pool and spa complex, barbecue and petanque area and tennis courts. Fairview is a place where you can enjoy country living and community with all the benefits of the city.
The New Zealand Women’s Senior Handicap Foursomes is managed under contract for Golf New Zealand, by Denise Langdon of PaR nz Golfing Holidays. The format includes three days of handicap foursomes match play after 18 holes qualifying net. After qualifying, competitors are put into flights (of 16 pairs per division) which are seeded based on their net score. If inclement weather or for any other reason the event is disrupted the Championship committee may alter the format and the number of rounds played.
PaR nz Golfing Holidays
Denise Langdon – Tournament Director
Office 09 486 1077
Mobile 0275 662 385
2023 Host Venue
Fairview Golf & Country Club
34 Sharp Road, Katikati 3178,
Bay of Plenty I www.fairviewestate.co.nz
Phone: 07 549 3412
Phone: 07 549 3412
The 2023 Tournament is to be played at the Fairview Golf & Country Golf Club in Katikati. The first 64 pairs (combined age) / paid; entries will be accepted. Women golfers aged 50 and above can enter. Players must have a Golf NZ Handicap (or an approved handicap from an approved country) index of 40.4 or better.
The format includes an 18-hole qualifying round, seeded draw, involving all 64 pairs. Players / pairs are then seeded by net, into divisions of 16 playing, foursomes handicap match play.
Handicap foursomes match play is as per the previous Women’s Golf Manual – Section Handicapping 9-4 b. (vii): ‘Allow the higher-handicapped side 50% of the difference between the combined Course Handicaps of the members of each side’ Halves are rounded up.
Division 1 NZLGU Salvers
Division 2 Mrs SS Wilson Plates
Division 3 ADLGA Trophies
Division 4 Rosetown Trophies
2022 WINNERS (Mercury Bay)
Top Qualifiers Robyn Pardy & Ngaire English (North Shore)
Division 1 Kay Buckeridge & Christine Van Veen (Fairview & Mercury Bay)
Division 2 Kate Peri & Carole Anderson (Windross Farm & Titirangi)
Division 3 Fran Sutherland & Maree West (Totaradale & Nelson)
Division 4 Paula Parfitt & Claire Williams (Hauraki)
Sunday 26 November
· Complimentary practice rounds (book directly with the Club)
· 2.00pm – 5.00pm Registration in the Clubhouse.
· Trundlers maybe stored at the club for the week from Monday pm
Monday 27 November
· 8.30am Qualifying round 18 holes net (seeded draw)
· 2 tee starts – 8 minute intervals
· 5.30pm – 7.00pm Welcome function and opening in the Clubhouse
Tuesday 28 November
· 8.30am 1st round of match play
· 2 tee start
Wednesday 29 November
· 8.30am 2nd round of match play
· 2 tee start
Thursday 30 November
· 8.00am 3rd round – semi finals
· 12.00pm – finals due to start (1/2 the field – losing pairs drop out)
· 7.00pm Final Dinner and Prize Giving @ Fairview Clubhouse
Entry fee of $190 per person, includes your entry fee, complimentary practice round, and welcome function on Monday 21 November
Farewell Prize Giving Dinner @ $42pp
Trundlers available from the club complimentary. These will need to be booked.
Electric carts, must be booked and approved by the tournament director (i.e. carts cannot be booked directly with the Club Manager) – carts will be allocated on a medical need basis first
Member electric carts maybe used without medical certificate
Add-on souvenir Golf NZ Tournament Shirt $72
• Titleist and FootJoy
• PGA of New Zealand
1. Entries to be made online on the PaR nz website https://www.parnz.co.nz/kiwi-golf. Entries will not be accepted by phone.
2. PaR nz Limited and / or Golf NZ or the host club reserve the right to refuse any entry without being required to give a reason.
3. Entrants must conform with the Rules of Amateur Status, as adopted by the R & A Limited.
4. Entrants must accept the Terms of Competition and Booking Conditions when entering online.
5. The Scoring records and handicaps of entrants will be reviewed for authenticity through the Golf NZ Handicapping website, and/or an overseas equivalent.
6. Handicaps will be frozen for the week.
7. It is the player’s sole responsibility to ensure her entry has been received prior to the closing date. A player’s entry has not officially been received until a confirmation is received.
8. In the event of applications exceeding the number of places available in the field, the tournament committee may increase the number of divisions played or, accept entries in order based on handicap. Entry fees will be refunded to those entrants balloted out.
9. Cancellation: Refer Booking Conditions
10. The data contained in the entry form submitted by the entrant is permanently retained by Golf NZ / PaR nz Limited within its database of competitors details. From time to time Golf NZ / PaR nz Limited may allow a sponsor or golf clubs to utilize the information contained.
All competitors must register in person on Sunday 26 November 2023 or unless arranged with the Tournament Director. Failure to do so may result in their place being taken by someone else.